Thursday, March 24, 2005

Fly Fishing Secrets
The Great Fish Fry

I was recently talking to my father and a buddy of mine at the office, David Chong. I read Davids latest article in the Fishing Newspaper. It was all about fishing for pan fish in Ontario and the fact that many cant imagine how good Ontario really is for Perch and other pan fish...

I found out that the place to go in April is Lake Simcoe, and regular jigging is the best for the catch... BUT how does that feed into fly fishing... dont worry, I have caught many perch while fly fishing and, WELL, I was thinking about the 100 to 200 perch per person possibilities and even though you can only keep about 25 to 50 of those per day, I started to get hungry...

Lets put this into perspective, it is 10:15am in the morning as I write this and I am already craving a beer battered fish fry...

And so we get to the point of this article, how to fry the fish that you caught during your fly fishing excursion...

Here is a link to one of my favorites... a popular and easy mix...

Fish Crisp Batter

Of course, the traditional Butter on a Cast Iron pan is still the #1 choice amongst many fisherman... But Connie and I like the Fish Crisp product...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home