Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Safe Cooking

Growing up, I would bring peanut butter and jam sandwiches to grade 1 and on... I could eat eggs, shellfish, the crap off the floor or my own boogers if I felt like it... but it seems to me that kids are somehow being born with all kinds of allergies these days. I remember rarely hearing about a peanut allergy, and I understand that these are all deadly allergies. No fun to have it... But now apparently 1 IN 10 KIDS is born with a peanut allergy... CrAzY...

So My nephew is one of these kids, peanut, eggs, shellfish (maybe) and what a good kid he is, so wonderful and it sadens me that he cant eat some of my favorite foods... like peanut butter and jam and chips (maybe stuffed with a kolbasa) on egg bread... I understand that to some, that combination in itself is unsafe. but I LIKE IT. SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooo

That leads me to the safe cooking portion of this blog.

I am going to make sure that my nephew gets to have a treat like no other. I am building the coolest, candiest gingerbread house EVER. I will post pictures of this one online after... I will attempt a log cabin style house...

I have all of these safe recipes and can post them if you would like.

Dave

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home